About Classic Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a discipline of the “upaveda” or “auxiliary knowledge”. Ayurveda is a gift to the world from Kerala, a southern state of India. Kerala is the placeof all traditional Ayurvedic learning and practice. Kerala is known as ‘Gods own country’ and Ayurveda is acclaimed as ‘God’s own Therapies’. Ayurveda is a comprehensive system of herbal therapies originated in India thousands of years ago. ‘Ayur’ means life and ´Veda´ means science. Thus Ayurveda means science of life.It gives a total approach to health and longevity. This holistic system of medicine is supposed to be the oldest form of health care system available on planet today. This is a unique system of therapies which believes in not only preventing the ailments of body alone but also the mind and spirits. The Ayurvedic therapies can be practised on anybody regularly as a prophylaxis measure, thus helping in prevention of disease.
Aim of Classic Ayurveda
Ayurveda system is to prevent illness, sickness and preserve healthy life. The aim of Ayurveda is promotion of good health and as well as preservation of the body’s own capacity for maintenance and balance.Ayurveda and the natural way of living are equally important for healthy and unhealthy people.
Benefits of Ayurveda:
Ayurveda teaches one that in order to stay healthy and disease free one has to achieve balance and maintain balance in one’s life in areas like exercising, working, food and resting.
- Induces sound sleep and calm the nerve system.
- Nourishes & rejuvenates the whole body.
- Toning of the muscles and the whole physiology.
- Improved elimination of impurities from the body and provides better health maintenance.
- Softer, smoother skin.
- Increased levels of stamina through the day.
- Lubrication of the joints.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Increased mental alertness.
- Relieves stress, depression and anxiety.
- Relieves the body pain and aches.
- Provides a perfect balance between inner and outer world mind, body, and spirit will be in perfect health Improves the circulation of the body.
- Stimulating and strengthening the lymphatic system.