We are back! Here is what has changed
-We as New Normal
As the restrictions have now been lifted, we are thrilled to announce that we have reopened now. As per the regulations issued by the government, we are taking certain health and safety measures to ensure the well-being of our customers. For the same, we have updated our policies because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us. And we cannot wait to welcome you back. To make sure that your visit is as safe as possible, we have formulated some guidelines:
Booking an appointment
- We are operating an ‘appointment-only’ system to maintain social distancing and limit the number of people inside the clinic. We are not taking any ‘walk-in appointments’ to ensure your safety. You are required to book your appointment beforehand over the phone only.
- We have implemented a ‘one-in-one-out’ policy. This is to avoid overlapping appointments times by allowing one customer to enter at a time.
- While booking an appointment for you, we need to go through a screening questionnaire. So, please be patient and co-operative with us. Please try to provide as much as possible accurate information about your current health.
- To book an appointment, we require a £10 deposit which must be paid via bank transfer or online banking only.
- We have no waiting area available for customers, so please come alone at your appointment. All customers are requested not to bring anyone with you on your appointment.
Client Screening Questions
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: dry cough, fever, high temperature, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, sore throat?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with confirmed Covid-19 without wearing appropriate PPE?
- Have you traveled outside of the UK in the past 14 days?
- Are you in the high-risk category (clinically extremely vulnerable) as defined by the UK government?
- Are you in the moderate risk category (clinically vulnerable) as defined by the UK government?
- If you are unsure about the risk categories above please check the UK government guidance. Information is available at nhs.com under “Who’s at higher risk from coronavirus’.
Visiting the clinic
- You are requested to take a shower and wear a face mask when coming for the treatment.
- We request you not to bring any personal belongings with yourself to avoid contact with other surfaces in the room. In case you have any personal belongings, we are providing disposable plastic covers to keep your belongings.
- We are maintaining 2meters of social distancing inside the clinic and posters have been displayed for the same throughout the corridor.
- You are requested to wear a face mask during your visit to the clinic to keep yourself and others safe.
- We take your temperature and keep a record of it.
- You are required to fill an appointment form upon your arrival. This has to be filled every time you visit the clinic. This form contains a section which covers all of the COVID-19 related questionnaires.
- You are kindly requested to follow the health and safety guidelines as put forward by the staff for your protection. All of the guidelines are aimed at ensuring the safest environment for you.
Inside the clinic
- We have provided handwash/sanitizing facilities at the reception, corridor, office, and treatment rooms to maintain a hygienic atmosphere for both the customers and the workers.
- You are requested to sanitize your hands using the sanitizer provided at the reception upon your arrival in the clinic.
- We have displayed various notices in the clinic which provide information about good hand washing techniques and handwashing frequency.
- Notices which illustrate the benefits of social distancing have also been displayed and we request you to follow the guidelines.
- Disposable plastic sheets are used to cover the bed for each treatment.
- You are requested to dispose of the used tissues, and towels in the bin and bucket provided in the treatment rooms.
Following Your Appointment
- The opening up of the economy following the COVID-19 outbreak is being supported by NHS Test and Protect.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 following your appointment, please contact us immediately.
- All your contact information should be up-to-date and should include both a contact number and email address to adhere to the Test and Protect requirements.
Hygiene and Cleaning guidelines
- We are making sure that door handles, handrails, and other often-used surfaces are sanitized and cleaned after every entry.
- All equipment and surfaces in a treatment room are sanitized and cleaned with anti-bacterial wipes and spray before and after each treatment. Both of the washrooms are also cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- We have provided extractor fans in each treatment room for proper ventilation of the customers and the workers.
- We are ensuring a gap of at least 15 minutes for each treatment which will ensure that customers do not enter and leave at the same time.
- We are encouraging contactless payment and bank transfer facilities for the health and safety of customers.
Staff and Training
- Our therapists are given strict instructions about the use of face coverings and PPE during the treatment to maintain proper hygiene standards.
- All staff members have been trained in screening clients when making appointments.
- Therapists are taking the utmost care and precautions for the safety of the customers.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Please wear a face mask/face shield during your visit to the clinic.
- We have provided all the required PPEs to our all staff members.
- We use disposable towels and sheets to ensure the health and safety of customers as well as our staff members.
We are taking payment via bank transfer, and online only.
We ask you to please reschedule your appointment if you experience any kind of illness – specifically a fever, continuous cough, loss/change of smell/taste, any skin rash, or red-eye, or if you have been knowingly in close contact with someone who is COVID-19 +ve.
Please note that No show appointments or cancellations within 48hours unrelated to Covid-19 will be charged a cancellation fee each time.
In the wake of COVID-19, the time and cost to provide treatments have increased.
We will be extending all Gift Vouchers dates by the length of time the clinic has remained closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to update the above guidelines should anything change or if new restrictions are put in place by the government.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping make Kerala Ayurveda Clinic a safe space. We look forward to welcoming you back.